DIY FOLDING A BOOK

I know this is not a new or unique idea. I think I saw this kind of folded books first on etsy and then  in Lotta Agatons string styling. ( I think she could make a trend almost about anything:) I thought I would never do these, but on christmas holiday I was a bit bored and my mum was about to throw some books away so I though we should make some art instead. After a while we were all folding books! There was me, my husband and our kids and my brother and his wife and their kids. It was funny, you just could not stop.  We ended up having over ten folded books! I think my favourite is the one that my husband made.  It is here on the upper string shelf.
These books are very simple to do. You just fold the shape you want and in the end you get rid of the covers of the book or you can live those on if you like. Here is my link to instructions that  how to fold a book.  And here is  annother link.
BTW can you think of any other use for these than holding envelopes, bills and cards? 
 

Tiedän ettei tämä ole mikään uusi tai uniikki idea, mutta jaetaan silti :)  Ensi kerran taisin nähdä jotain vastaavaa Etsyssä ja sen jälkeen Lotta Agatonin stringhylly stailauksessa. Itseasiassa ajattelin jo aikoinaan etten tarvitse taiteltuja kirjoja hyllyihini pölyttymään, mutta kun joululomalla äitini oli heittämässä pinon kirjoja pois, ehdotin että tekisimme  sen sijaan pienen tee-se-itse taideteoksen. Lopulta olohuone oli kuin pieni paja. Minä, mieheni, lapsemme, veljeni vaimoineen ja hedän kaikki lapset  taittelivat kirjoja. Ette varmaan usko mutta siihen tuli sellainen himo. Loppua ei näkynyt ennen kuin kaikki kirjat oli taiteltu.  Lopulta meillä oli yli kymmenen taiteltua kirjaa jotka olivat toinen toistaan hienompia. Suosikkini on miheni taittelema kirja. Voit nähdä sen täältä. Kirja on toisessa kuvassa string hyllyn päällä.
Nämä ovat todella yksinkertaisa tehdä, mutta pieneksi avuksi tein pienen kuvallisen ohjeen niille jotka haluavat taitella omalle hyllylleen pienen taideteoksen.Täältä pääset ohjeeseen numero1  ja täältä ohjeeseen kaksi!


Keksitkö mitään muuta käyttötarkoitusta näille kuin esimerkiksi työpöydälle laskujen, korttien ym. säilytykseen?

14 comments:

  1. I cannot agree more with the fact Lotta Agaton can make a trend out of anything, even thin air! Love how you styled your string.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1/08/2014

    We used to this in afterschool childcare with old telephone books! These look much prettier than I remember them to be :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Lot of pages! I mean if you used telefone book :)

      Delete
  3. Servettitelineenä oon joskus kekkereillä käyttänyt. Ihan hauskaa hommaa kyllä tuo taittelu.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea, it's new to me so thank you! The pic is great!! C x

    http://letmeseeyourwears.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought this was so yesterdays new and was not sure is it worth to publish, but I quess not! So great to hear you like it!!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous1/09/2014

    Hei mistä tuo ihana valaisin on?! Etsin nimittäin juuri samanlaista yöpöydän valaisimiksi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Riikka! Such a stylish way to be bored! I might just have a go myself!!! I adore the script print you have behind the book folding - is it available from your shop? Warmest wishes - Glenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That print is just something I painted, but it is not ready yet. Maybe later you can find something like that from my shop :)

      Delete
  7. Black and white is the all time color for me. Personally, I would have a hard time to fold any of my books, but instead of throwing them away I would rather save them.. It looks like the great match for the whole shelf and its decorations. From now, I'll look at older books differently! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for your directions, Riikka! Folded books are so popular.

    ReplyDelete